The best way to build & maintain X-flex index files
PFXsort is a powerful, efficient and above all, very fast program used to build Powerflex and compatible database index files.
The primary purpose of PFXsort is to create index files as defined by the developer, but it can also be used to create and delete index definitions on an ad hoc basis. PFXsort reduces both the time you spend on file maintenance and the disk space occupied by your index files.
PFXsort uses a number of highly sophisticated techniques (listed below) to drastically reduce the time spent reindexing.
Features of PFXsort
- Operates on files in and out of the file list
- Supports Powerflex / Dataflex data files
- Ability to reindex multiple files across multiple workstations
- Command line parser
- Updates on-line and/or batch indexes
- Detects duplicate records in the data
- Corrects file header values, if needed
- Allows specification of the memory to be used during the sorting process
- Provides timing statistics
- Index files are optimised to minimise the disk space occupied
PFXsort is based on the advanced re-indexing engine used in PFXplus and PFX C-lib. It has a number of sophisticated features, including:
- The sort technique adjusts to the amount of available memory
- Highly buffered disk I/O
- Use of all available memory
- Up to four different sorting methods are used at various stages of the process
- PFXsorttime-stamps each .Kx-file after the re-indexing is completed.
Protects Your Data
Data is valuable and treated with great care. No change is ever made to the file header unless the sort completes successfully. You can stop the sort in the middle with no risk to your data.
PFXsort is supported for the following operating environments
- Windows. All 32- and 64-bit platforms from Windows 2000 to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. PFXplus also supports both MS SQL up to SQL Server 2008 and Btrieve up to Pervasive version 11.
- Linux. Linux versions up to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 64-bit and OpenSUSE 10.3 32-bit.
- SCO Unix. Versions of SCO Unixware to 7.1.3, Unix to 3.2, Open Unix to 8 and Open Server to 5.
- AIX. Not supported.
PFXsort 5.0 includes
- Support for files greater than 2 Gb
- New on-line help
- Support for all versions of PFXplus data files (and Dataflex too!)
- Support for PFXplus - compatible Btrieve files
- An optional add-on version provides support for PFXplus-compatible SQL data files.
Each version of PFXsort can be licensed for a single site or for unlimited distribution. Contact Powerflex Corporation or your local dealer for details. Pricing and ordering details are available on-line.