for fast access to PFXplus data
PFX C-lib is a finely crafted set of libraries that allows lightning-fast access to your PFXplus and compatible data files, including PFXplus-compatible Btrieve files, from third party languages.
The 32-bit Windows version of PFX C-lib is used for Windows languages. PFX C-lib is also available for the Unix/Linux type environments. Please contact Powerflex Corporation for further information.
- Open or close a data file
- Find a record by number or key
- Add, change or delete a record
- Get or put a field as string or binary data
- Get or set field names
- Purge (zero) a file
- Lock or unlock a file
- Get or set a file mode
- Open modes:
- read only
- Create a new data file (Mark 1 to 4)
- Get or set file, index or field definitions
- Reindex a file or rebuild an individual index
- Create an in-memory data table
- Build an in-memory data table
- Build an in-memory temporary index
- Build a sort, or partial temporary index
- Encrypt or unencrypt a block of data
- Direct access to the record buffer
- File header maintenance operations
- Get or set configuration items
- Support for files greater than 2 GB
- Updated documentation included as on-line help
- Supports all versions of PFXplus data files (and Dataflex too!)
- Supports PFXplus - compatible Btrieve files
- An optional add-on version provides support for PFXplus-compatible SQL data files.
The SQL Option for PFX C-lib provides support for PFXplus-compatible SQL data files.
- SQL operations: Exec, Open, Fetch, Close
- Many new configuration items for SQL
You can view a complete list of the functions available via PFX C-lib on this Web site.
What PFX C-lib Supports
- Mark 1 (Dataflex 2.3) data files
- Mark 2 (Dataflex 3.0) data files
- Mark 3 (Dataflex VLD) data files
- Mark 4 (Btrieve) data files
- Standard field types, including TEXT and BINARY
- Btrieve field types, including DMY and DECIMAL
- Data files up to 4 GB, no record limit
PFX C-lib is supported for the following operating environments
- Windows. All 32- and 64-bit platforms from Windows 2000* to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008. PFX C-lib also supports both MS SQL up to SQL Server 2008 and Btrieve up to Pervasive version 11.
- Linux. Linux versions up to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 64-bit and OpenSUSE 10.3 32-bit.
- SCO Unix. Versions of SCO Unixware to 7.1.3, Unix to 3.2, Open Unix to 8 and Open Server to 5.
- AIX. Not supported.
To order a full copy, contact Powerflex Corporation or your local dealer.