Windows 7/Vista FAQ
Installing Powerflex products under Windows 7 and Vista
With changes to Windows first introduced with Vista, it is required that you be logged in as a member of the Administrator Group when installing new software.
The following instructions apply to all Powerflex software up to and including Service Pack 5. To ensure that all products install correctly, the recommended procedure is to perform all installations logged into the Administrator Group and run as Administrator.
Installing from CD
- If Autorun is enabled then close the ReadHtml window which appears.
- In Windows Explorer navigate to the Powerflex product CD.
- Right click on the ReadHtml.exe file and select Run as administrator.
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
Installing from MSI (as supplied to Powerflex VAR members)
- Start a command prompt to Run as administrator
At the command prompt type msiexec /i fullmsipathname, for example
- Display the start menu by pressing the Windows(Start) key.
- Type cmd.
- Right click on the cmd program icon and select Run as administrator
Follow onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
- msiexec /i d:\install\PFXplus-50-SP5.msi
Back to FAQ Page