PFXweb system/software requirements
- Windows XP SP2
- IE 6 or IE 7
- IIS relevant to the above system (IIS 5.1)
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) PFXweb beta 18
Troubleshooting installation problems
- The order in which the software is installed is important. The required order is:
If you installed in different order, uninstall PFXweb, .NET framework and IIS, and reinstall them in the correct order.
- .NET framework
- Did PFXweb install without any errors? If not, uninstall it through Control Panel- Add/Remove programs, and install again.
- Click the "Samples menu" link on the http://localhost/pwfsample/ page in your browser. If the sample program menu does not appear, or reports an error, such as "Service not available", go to 4.
- Check if the page "http://localhost/pwflistener/pwflisten.asmx" appears in your IE. If the requested page does not appear, go to step 5.
- In the command prompt navigate to the directory where you installed the NET framework, for example C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, and execute "aspnet_regiis.exe -iru" from the command line.
- In the command prompt navigate to the \bin subdirectory of your PFXweb installation. Restart services by running the command "svcmngr restart". After a successful restart go to step 3 again.
What causes "Error: Service unavailable"?
The error means that a connection cannot be made between IE on the client and the IIS web service on the server or on the PC if PFXweb is installed locally. To avoid the above error, check that the correct version of ASP.NET is displayed in the properties of the Default website in IIS.
If setting the correct version does not resolve the problem, follow the steps outlined in "Troubleshooting installation problems".
Back to FAQ Page